Earth Day/Día de la Tierra is celebrated worldwide on April 22nd. This is a perfect time to sit down with our kids and make learning about taking care of our Madre Tierra fun and entertaining en español.
You can start by pointing out the fun fact that the three Rs (las tres erres) are the same in English and in Spanish!
Then, check out these fun online games, activities and videos around the web.
- Online Free Spanish has created a great set of games, puzzles and coloring pages, all in Spanish, to celebrate el Día de la Tierra. Pictured above.
- Tu Discovery Kids has a whole microsite called “Mi Planeta” dedicated to Earth Day. It includes sections such as Tips Verdes, Santuarios de Animales, games and videos and, yes, all in Spanish (this is the Latin American version of the Discovery Kids site).
- Scholastic has a publication called “Let’s Find Out” dedicated to exploring nature. The magazine has a Spanish version which you can order or just download for free, along with a teacher’s guide and extra printable activities.
- Primera Escuela has tons of coloring pages to print and there’s a huge section for Earth Day.
- The Environmental Protection Agency has a whole section with resources in Spanish for children and teachers to talk about Earth Day. The picture above is of a free downloadable booklet to learn why we must reduce, reuse and recyle.
- Check out this very cute video created by a group of school kids in Spain: Las Tres R. Reducir, Reutilizar y Reciclar
- NatGeo in Latin America has created a series of promo spots for Día de la Tierra featuring icons such as Julieta Venegas, Fito Paez, Aleks Syntek and many more. Check out Julieta Venegas´ spot:
For more videos, activities, games and more in Spanish to learn about Earth Day, check out and follow our board on Pinterest.
Share: Have you found any fun ways to learn about el Día de la Tierra?