My daughter is at the ripe age where new words are just constantly flying out of her mouth every day. I’m in total awe of this natural language-acquisition process of an almost two-year old.
I’m also in awe that she’s definitely already a bilingual little niña, using her hundreds of new words to construct mini Spanglish sentences, like: “Más jugo, please.” “Shoe acá pié.”
I’m totally not bothered by it because that’s exactly how my own brain functions, moving seamlessly from one language to the other.
That’s why the language-introduction approach used in the Professor Pocket CDs was completely relevant to us. Professor Pocket is a family-owned company that’s created two bilingual (Spanish/English) CDs and supplemental materials to help children develop a lifelong passion for learning languages.
At first, I thought Camila was still too young to completely understand and follow the storyline in “Our Silly Farm Adventure” since it’s recommended for children ages 2 and up. That was not the case at all. Maybe she still doesn’t grasp the context of what she is listening to, but she loves the silly animal sounds, the catchy songs and the identifiable kids’ voices. I’ve also caught her adorably repeating the key words and anticipating the songs many times.
You will like:
- How it naturally and aptly flows from English to Spanish through the wacky interaction of the three main characters: Professor Pocket (English), Desi the Dinosaur and Chico the Chicken (mostly Spanish).
- The original story lines with just the correct dose of silliness to entertain toddlers and older kids alike. A dinosaur on a farm? Yes, it’s far-fetched, but it works.
- Spanish words and key concepts are effectively reinforced with the use of songs which you will find yourself singing along to in no time, like: “¡Ay, caramba! No hay dinosaurios” and “La la la la Leche” (a song about a cow that produces chocolate milk, yum!).
- PERFECT FOR LONG CAR RIDES!! OK, in my book, this should be reason enough to love these CDs. Your child will be absorbed, entertained, she’ll learn new words in both English and Spanish and you’ll have a smile on your face from watching her dance in her seat and imitate the voices she hears. At least I do.
To enter to WIN:
All you have to do for your chance to win is visit the Professor Pocket website Shop section where you can listen to samples of some of the songs on both CDs. Come back here and leave us a comment telling us which song you liked and why. Please be detailed so we know you visited their site.
If you want to increase your chances of winning you can get additional entries by doing any of the following.
1. Blog and/or tweet about this giveaway. Please leave an additional comment with the link.
2. Subscribe to our feed via email and leave us an extra comment letting us know you did so. Make sure to leave the comment using the same email you subscribed with. And please do verify the subscription once you receive the email to do so. We will check in order to validate the entry.
4. Become a fan of our Facebook page. Leave us another comment letting us know you did so.
This contest will
close tonight at midnight PST Sunday, July 5th at midnight EST…so don’t hesitate and enter now. These two Professor Pocket CDs could be yours!!!
For the part that nobody likes, but we’ve gotta have, check out the Giveaway Rules.
Scroll down to the next post for another giveaway from fabulous t-shirt line with a Latin attitude: ChíChí&Flaco