This contest is now closed. The week’s final winner is: Susan. Congratulations! Thanks to all!
We feel we hit the mark when we decided to dedicate a whole week to the One-Parent-One-Language method of raising bilingual children. If you’ve missed the informative articles prepared by Roxana, experts and guests then click here to read them.
Today is our last day of the OPOL WEEK and we’ve put together a list of useful links related to the OPOL method. Some are great reads from other parents and others expand on what we’ve already talked about regarding the in’s and out’s of this successful method. Never a bad idea to read from as many resources as you can and discover some new sites in the process.
Make sure you make it all the way to the bottom of the post for details on how you can enter to win our last copy of Dr. Naomi Steiner’s book-”7 Steps to Raising a Bilingual Child.”
Articles from parents using the OPOL method
- Bilingual Parenting: A Personal Account by Nadine Lichtenberger
- Notes from the OPOL family–A blog about an English-French bilingual family written our very own guest Ask an Expert this week, Suzanne Barron-Hauwaert, author of a book on bilingual parenting and mother of three more-or-less bilingual children.
- Multi Tongue Kids blog articles on how they use the OPOL method in their multi-lingual family.
- Bilingual Baby website article that delves into the OPOL method–
- The OPOL Method for Raising a Bilingual Child by Margaret M. Williams
- Language Strategies for Bilingual Families: The One-Parent-One-Language Approach–Book written by blogger and author Suzanne Barron-Hauwaert.
- Any of the books in our top-ten list for parents raising bilingual children will give you a very clear and objective overview of the OPOL method.
- Many OPOL families recommend using baby signing as a common language in the home. To get started you can use flash cards and this book .
SpanglishBaby Articles on OPOL
We’ve written some articles on the subject and the experts on our panel have answered various questions from parents using OPOL.
Here are some we suggest you bookmark:
To enter to win today’s copy of Dr. Naomi Steiner’s book:
All you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what other topic is important to your bilingual family and you would like us to write about.
Thanks for an amazing week. Don’t miss out on any of SpanglishBaby’s posts. Make sure you’re subscribed to our free feed either by email or RSS. We’re also very fun to follow via Twitter and our Facebook Page is a great place to make new friends.