Among the many foods my husband and I crave from Mexico, enfrijoladas and chilaquiles definitely top the list. My husband is always saying that the enfrijoladas they made in his house growing up were the best (so were the quesadillas and chiles rellenos and romeritos and the list goes on and on and on!)
So you can imagine I am measured with a really long stick any time I attempt to make any really Mexican meal. I definitely need inspiration and the right recipes to get me going, so I´m excited that Maseca has just launched their Club Mi Maseca where, among many things, I can collect my favorite recipes from their inventory. I can also share my own favorites–like the enfrijoladas de pollo! as well as browse the ones other members have uploaded.
The Club is still in beta stage, but we invite you to check it out, create your own profile and start collecting your favorite recipes using Maseca in one place.
Inside you will also find a planner you can download to take the Healthy Month challenge with meal ideas and snack ideas for a balanced diet.
The Calorie Counter and the Health Quiz are also entertaining to play around with to get a sense of our daily calorie and energy intake.
And last but not least, stop on over to the Amigas Blogueras section where ten Latina bloggers (including us!) are sharing delicious and nutritious recipes using Maseca, as well as stories and tips to cook with our niños.
Some Amigas Blogueras highlights include:
- Nicole Presley (PresleysPantry.com) shares with us how to make a perfect atole.
- The mother and daughter team from PeruDelights.com show us how to use Maseca to prepare a gourmet meal from canapés to dessert.
- Ericka Sánchez (NibblesandFeasts.com and SpanglishBaby Food contributor) gets nostalgic about champurradoand lets us in to her recipe for a frothy hot cup of one.
- Vianney Rodriguez (SweetLifeBake.com) lets us in on her family´s tradition of pumpkin pie tamales.
- Silvia Martinez (MamaLatinaTips.com) gives us handy tips for involving kids in the kitchen to encourage a healthy eating habits.
We would love to know if you joined the Club Mi Maseca and shared any of your recipes using Maseca so we can add them to our favorites!
I also invite you to check out what the other Amigas Blogueras are writing on the blog hop below. You’re also more than welcomed to link up any recipes you have using Maseca and they will appear on all our blogs though the linky!