Click on the image above for a printable version.
Teach children Spanish through Cultural Activities
The Poinsettia with its beautiful red flowers and shiny green leaves has become a symbol of Christmas to many people all over the world. The legend of the Poinsettia is a beautiful Christmas story about a young Mexican girl and the gift that she presented to Baby Jesus.
la flor- flower las manos- hands
rojo- red las tijeras- scissors
verde- green el pegamento- glue
amarillo- yellow la Navidad- Christmas
- A paper plate
- Red, green and yellow construction paper
- Glue (or a stapler)
1. Trace the child’s hand various times on green and red paper.
2. Cut out hands and glue the green the outer portion of plate with fingers pointing out.
3. Place 2 layers of red hands on plate.
4. Cut a small yellow circle and place in the center of the plate.
*this is a great fine motor skill activity!
Visit www.enchantedlearning.com for more details and crafts!
Share the beautiful story of The Legend of the Poinsettia ( La Leyenda de la flor de noche Buena) by Tommie de Paola. Kids will love hearing this beautiful Christmas story!
Tell us, are you using and enjoying these activities? We´d love to know!