Like any little girl her age, my 5-year-old daughter loves to draw. Like any little brother, my 2-year-old son loves to copy her. And so they can sit there for a nice long while surrounded by paper and crayons, markers, pens and pencils. She drawing and making up her own little books and him scribbling.
I’m not a very artistic person, but I do love art. Although my husband doesn’t really draw, he’s been a photographer and videographer for more than 20 years. Our kids have been exposed to all kinds of different art, but I don’t think we really had a lot of book specifically about art and/or artists until now.
My Scholastic Parent Circle pick for February from Club Leo’s catalog is an art and imagination pack which contains six books about topics that range from colors to artists’ lives. Check out the titles:
1) ¡Compórtate, Pablo Picasso!
2) El libro de colores de Coneja Blanca
6) Mi vida en colores
The ones about the artists are a great introduction to some of the masters just for kids. My favorite is the one about Frida Khalo, which my daughter was able to read all by herself. I love how the author tells Frida’s life story in a way even my daughter was able to understand. Not to mention the illustrations that are absolutely gorgeous and go perfectly with this book.
The other thing that I loved about this pack is that there was something in it for both my kids. In other words, my 2-year-old is too little for the books about the artists, but he loved the ones about the colors. On the other hand, a couple of the books were too simple for my 5-year-old, but that means she could read them all but herself.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the winner: Jodi !
We’re giving away one Art and Imagination Pack to one lucky winner.
To enter, all you have to do is leave us a comment telling us how you expose your children to art.
That’s all you have to do to enter this giveaway. If you want to up your chances at winning, then this is how you can get additional entries (only after you’ve completed the step above):
**Please leave a separate comment for each so we can count them and avoid mistakes.
1. Subscribe to receive blog updates and subscriber-only content via email and leave us an extra comment letting us know you did so or that you’re already a subscriber. Make sure to leave the comment using the same email you subscribed with.
2. Follow us on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway including a link to the post and @SpanglishBaby. Copy the link to the tweet in an additional comment on the giveaway’s post.
3. Like SpanglishBaby on Facebook and join a thriving community of parents.
This giveaway ends Sunday, February 5 at 11:59 p.m. EST and is open to everyone with a U.S. mailing address over 18 years of age. Check out the Giveaway Rules.