Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Huggies. As always, all opinions are my own.
Nothing can really prepare you for that magical day when your baby arrives home for the very first time and all of a sudden you’ve truly become a family. You’ve spent months dreaming about this day and making sure every single detail is in order. The nesting stage seems to have put you in overdrive when it comes to making sure that everything your baby will need to feel welcomed, safe and loved is all set.
While there are many essentials our bebesitos need as soon as they are born, the reality is that all they truly desire is to be nurtured and cared by you and papá. To be able to fully be there and present for your little one at all times during those critical first weeks of birth, mamá needs to take care of herself and make sure that once you arrive home you have what you need to be comfortable and rested so you can focus on bonding with your child.
Aside from making sure the nursery is fully equipped to welcome baby, make sure you also prepare your home to meet your immediate needs in this new stage of life. Prepare yourself for a few weeks of new emotions, feelings, sensations and a different pace in your life from what you’ve been used to.
Taking some time beforehand to have a few things around the house taken care of prior to baby’s arrival and checking out other details on Huggies Latino’s Respuestas para Mamá, will make the transition smoother for you. Here are six ideas you might not have considered yet, but that can be very useful:
1. Batch cook a few meals to keep in the freezer and heat up to serve a meal at anytime. It’s essential you’re feeding yourself well, especially if you’re nursing your baby.
2. Have plenty of water at hand. Invest in a filter or make sure to have a refillable water bottle to just keep at your side at all times. Hydration is key as you recover from labor and get back into a sleeping routine.
3. Get a notebook and pen, or a good app on your smartphone, to keep a diary of your baby’s feedings, bowel movements and sleep. This is all essential information that your pediatrician will ask you during your visits and the more detailed information you have, the more useful it is.
4. Keep a digital camera or smartphone close to you at all times because these precious first moments only happen once.
5. In advance of baby’s arrival, find an online site that delivers the baby essentials you will need to replenish on a constant basis, such as Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, Huggies Natural Care Wipes and formula, if needed. Create an account so that you can quickly access it to have your basics shipped to you immediately. Most don’t charge shipping costs and arrive quickly to your doorstep.
6. Create a playlist of your favorite nursery rhymes and soothing white noise to help baby calm down and ease into sleep.
These first days and weeks are the most intense, yet the most memorable and important for your baby’s development. You will definitely be focused on him, but don’t forget to take care of yourself so you can truly enjoy these moments.
Photo credit: Gabi Menashe on Flickr
This is such a great set of tips. I really agree with the one about keeping a camera ready – I almost forgot to take one when I was packing a few last things to add to the hospital bag when we were transferred in from home.
The camera is a must these days! And now it’s so easy to have one around all the time. You don’t want to miss a moment!
Or you can breast feed and cloth diaper so you don’t create waste or have to wash bottles (or spend $$ on formula and diapers)!! I’m basically diapering my second daughter for FREE.
That’s so great that you found something that worked for you and your family, Beatriz! I exclusively breastfed for a full year and it was wonderful, but I know that not every women is able to do it and I respect that. We did try cloth diapers, but they didn’t work out for us for many reasons. The beauty of mothering is that we do have choices (in most cases) and we all make the best choices for us and our children.
Wonderful concerns entirely, you merely gained a fresh visitor. What would anyone suggest when it comes to your own upload which you produced at times back? Any optimistic?
Aquaphor Infant Treatment Ointment Highly developed Treatment Skin ProtectantTender system for the delicate skin of new born, soothes and also protects dried up, chapped, damaged skin layers so helping avoid chafing, and dry skin layers due to wind, cold or maybe dried up airSoothes red, irritated noses in addition to cheeks because of a cold or maybe drool rashDefends to guide repair minor cuts, scratches and burnsReleives diaper rash within six hoursCould also be used to protect against diaper rash before it begins as well as to help make diaper change cleanup easier!
Typically I really don’t study post on sites, however I want to declare that this kind of write-up extremely pressured us to take a peek on in addition to do this! Your current way with words has become impressed me personally. Many thanks, really wonderful content.
Appreciate it to get spreading this wonderful consumers that you know what you might be preaching about! Added.. phởtái You need to likewise talk with my website Equates to). We can easily use a web page link business agreement among people