The American Heart Association celebrates March as the National Nutrition Month and a time to “make simple steps part of your life for long-term benefits to your health and your heart.”
As you read last week in our post titled “Latinas: Our Heart Truth,” heart disease is the #1 leading cause of death among women, especially Latinas. Today we continue to address such an important topic by sharing with you this interview with Dr. Aliza Lifshitz who offers several of her top tips to take simple steps to live a healthier life with better nutrition and exercise, plus encourages us to discover more information at Que Rica Vida, or her website Vida y Salud.
Que Rica Vida is a great resource to for Spanish-speaking moms to find expert advice, recipes, health tips and many lifestyle resources. They have provided us with a Heart Healthy gift basket (valued at $75) for one lucky reader; including the following:
- Betty Crocker Healthy Heart cookbook
- Cheerios cereal
- Cheerios t-shirt
- Cheerios Libro de Jugar book
- Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- Breakfast bowl
- Heart Healthy Bisquick
- Que Rica Vida mug
- Que Rica Vida mouse pad
- General Mills jump rope
To enter the Heart Healthy Basket giveaway all you have to do is leave us a comment telling us what you do to stay healthy.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the winner: Amanda S.
That’s all you have to do to enter this giveaway. If you want to up your chances at winning, then this is how you can get additional entries (only after you’ve completed the step above):
**Please leave a separate comment for each so we can count them and avoid mistakes.
1. Subscribe to receive blog updates and subscriber-only content via email and leave us an extra comment letting us know you did so or that you’re already a subscriber. Make sure to leave the comment using the same email you subscribed with.
2. Follow us on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway including a link to the post and @SpanglishBaby. Copy the link to the tweet in an additional comment on the giveaway’s post.
3. Like SpanglishBaby on Facebook and join a thriving community of parents.
This giveaway ends Sunday, March 20 at midnight EST and you must have a valid US address to enter.
Disclosure: We did not receive compensation or products for sharing this information. All opinions are our own.