Part of our mission from day one has been for this to be a place where you can connect with other parents that are also raising bilingual and bicultural kids.
We feel so lucky that we’ve been able to make new friends through our blog and to read all the thoughtful comments you leave. Now it’s time for you to connect with each other and share the wealth of information you have!
For this purpose we’ve created the SpanglishBaby Forums which you can visit now by clicking here.
You will always be able to find it either in the site’s main navigation bar (third tab from the left on top) or by clicking on the button in the sidebar. Once there, feel free to make it your own because, in fact, it is! As yours as you want to make it. The more you participate and lead the conversation the more you will get out of it.
What Should I Use the Forums for?
The idea is that you will use these forums to:
- Meet other parents in your area to create playgroups, storytimes and such.
- Share local info and happenings in your area
- Ask and share with other parents that are using the same or similar methods as your family. We all learn from each other so much..so let’s share!
- Send links, notes, ideas, thoughts, articles, etc that you find interesting and would like all of us to find out.
- Extend the discussion of a particular SpanglishBaby post.
These are just some ideas to how these forums can be used.
Again, this is your forum, so please use it to your own advantage, start any new relevant topic you wish and let us know what else you’d like to see or if you have any comments on how we can make it better.
A good place to start is by creating a new TOPIC to introduce yourself, your family, the languages you speak and your world. Andale, go for it!