This is post is sponsored by Walmart. All opinions are my own.
What I want to share with you today is a great alternative to the traditional burger we are used to. Every long holiday weekend, like Labor Day coming up, many of us tend to enjoy the outdoors by cooking and entertaining with friends and family. Grilling is a popular choice and making homemade burgers is my favorite thing to do. But not all the time we have a grill available or the weather allows us to be outside, other times there is so much food already planned in the menu that making full size burgers is not the best idea. The good news is that we can still share and enjoy the flavors of one of America’s favorites, by serving these mini burgers on a stick, the perfect party appetizer if you ask me.
A fun entertaining tip is to serve these mini burgers on a stick with several sauces on the side. I use a mixture of mayo and ketchup which combines the most common condiments all in one. You can also offer other dipping sauce options like BBQ sauce, blue cheese, ranch, chipotle etc. Another great idea is to have on the side a basket of mini buns in case people are still craving them. The rolls can be cut in half to hold and slide the stick to get all the tasty fillers.
To make these bite sized burgers, have all your ingredients ready and make it a fun time for the kids by assembling them together.
A tip for prepping your meat, that will guarantee a juicy and flavorful burger, is to add shredded onions. The onion will add moisture to the patties and the end result will be tastier and juicer for sure. Regardless of the seasonings, what is most important in order to cook the best burger, is the type of meat you use. I trust the selection offered by Walmart. Their ground beef is all natural, U.S. inspected and passed by the Department of Agriculture, with no artificial ingredients. That will be my first suggestion for a superb burger patty, then select any flavor additions and fixings according to your preference.
Mini Burgers on a Stick
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large vidalia onion, shredded
- Cheddar cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and shredded onion. Form the mixture into 20 equal-size patties. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown the patties for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- When patties are cooked you can keep the warm in the oven while you make sure all you other ingredients will be ready to assemble. Cheese, lettuce and bacon should be cut into small pieces and cherry tomatoes should be cut in half.
- Once all your ingredients are ready, start assembling by threading the tomato first, then lettuce, bacon cheese and lastly the mini burger patty.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.