I grew up eating Tres Leches cake at every Quinceañera or any other big Mexican celebration. I enjoyed every bite of this yumminess! Mi mami would always ask me to bring her a piece of cake from whatever party I was at, because she couldn’t attend. I used to think this was weird and a little embarassing to have to ask the hostess for a piece of cake for my mom. Later in life, when I worked with newly arrived hispanic immigrants and we would have a party, it never failed that a little boy or girl would ask me for a piece of cake for their mother. I was relieved to discover that I was not the only one!
This Mini Tres Leches Cake, is a recipe I came up with because I love all things simple, especially since I have three growing boys running around mi casa! Another of my favorite simplified favorites is this Healthy and Easy Fried Icecream Balls!
Mini Tres Leches Cake Recipe
1 loaf of pound cake, cubed or your favorite vanilla cake
1/2 cp sweet condensed milk
1/2 cp evaporated milk
1/4 cp whole milk/heavy cream/coconut mil
2cps heavy cream
3 tbl of sugar
- Place the 3 milks in a bowl and mix until the sweet condensed milk is fully mixed in with the other milks.
- Place cubed cake pieces in cups and pierce the surface of the cake all over with a toothpick. Slowly drizzle all the milk mixture over the top of the cake, making sure to get around the edges of the cake. Top with frosting in between layers.
- Place strawberries on top
- Add another layer of pound cake and repeat steps 1 & 2.
- Allow the cake to absorb the milk mixture. Cool in fridge or serve immediately.
Whip 2 cups of the heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar until thick and stiff peaks form. Spread over the top of each layer and top with a strawberry or cherry. Or you can use whip cream instead of the frosting.