La Bolsa Mágica
This is a fun, interactive guessing game that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine or tailor it for the holidays. The objective of this activity is to encourage language production and vocabulary development. Kids absolutely love the guessing aspect and the anticipation of seeing what is in the bag.
1. Find a sparkly holiday gift bag. The more sparkles, the better! This will serve as your ‘bolsa magic’.
2. Choose a theme for the week, so that children can make connections each day. For example: los colores, los números, la comida, los juguetes. Or choose holiday themed items to put in la bolls.
3. Teach your children the magic words/ Las palabras mágicas. This is a very important aspect of the activity because it encourages their fluency by repeating it together. You may invent your own or use: Abracadabra, patas de cabra, ¿qué hay en la bolsa?…. ¡Dímelo tú!
4. Then make a big show of throwing ‘la magia’ poof!
5. Ask kids to guess what is in the bag. This is a great opportunity to illicit conversation and fluency. Make guesses, give clues, etc.
6. Reveal what is in the bag and encourage production by talking about the item.
Ideas for La Bolsa Mágica:
The ideas are endless! Choose small toys such as cars, doll house figurines, action heroes, bouncy balls, crayons , plastic food or real food items, number flashcards. Tailor it for the holidays with items such as candy canes, ornaments, gingerbread men, snowflakes made of paper, figures from a manger scene, etc. Have fun and be creative!
Make this a daily activity with your children or students and it will quickly become an anticipated favorite!
Tell us, are you using and enjoying these activities? We´d love to know!