The LéaLA Spanish book fair is returning on May 17th through 19th to the Los Angeles Convention Center for the third year in a row! We have been attending since the first year it came to LA and are more and more excited every year it comes back. It’s been great to see the success of this book fair and how much it grows each year. It truly shows that we, Angelenos and Latinos, love to read en Español and literacy matters a great deal to us.
This free, three day cultural event will feature 100 publishers showcased in 200 booths which means plenty of opportunities to stock up on libros en español ! Whats great about LéaLA is that there are plenty of book presentations, workshops, and theatrical events for kids to keep them excited about learning and practicing Spanish. It’s also a great opportunity to connect with other Spanish-speaking families and have plenty of fun en español.
You can head out next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to this FREE cultural event and the Los Angeles Convention Center. For a printable version of the 2013 program click here.
In the meantime we’d like to share a few of the many highlights we are looking forward to this year at LéaLa:
- En español se oye más bonito – a workshop for parents and children all about reading en español and how fun it is!
- La calaca tilica y flaca – a Day of the Dead themed workshop where kids get to create a special craft to take home.
- Los muralistas- a workshop for kids where they learn about famous Latino muralists and kids get to create their own works of art.
- José-Luis Orozco – For our musical and dancing needs José-Luis Orozco will be present all three days.
- The many book presentations throughout the weekend including: La Casita, Trencitas, and La vuelta al mundo en cinco cuentos among many more!