Bean Bag Toss
Objective: to reinforce listening comprehension, color and command recognition, and to encourage fluency.
- Use colored bean bags or number bean bags.
- If you do not have bean bags, use colored balls.
- Set a small basket or bucket in the middle of the circle.
- Kids all stand up and you tell them “ Escucha- listen!
- Explain the command “ Tira- throw!”
- If you are reinforcing colors, say ‘ tira azul!. Only kids holding blue will throw the bean bag.
- Continue this until everyone has a turn.
- Then have children switch colors.
- It is fun when they have 2 different colors in their hands so that they really have to listen and identify colors or numbers.
Click here to download a PDF with the Bean Bag Toss activity sheet. The download will automatically start as soon as you click. Check your computer´s download folder to find the files.
Tell us, are you using and enjoying these activities? We´d love to know!