Each school interested in entering the My Bilingual School Library Contest will have to:
● Send us a picture of a EL DIA DE LOS NIÑOS/EL DIA DE LOS LIBROS poster they will create as a classroom.
● Write a short (5 sentences) paragraph explaining why their school, library or Spanish program should win this contest and what winning would mean to them
Open to all elementary public schools in the U.S. that have a dual language, bilingual (those with ELL programs) or Spanish language program.
● Only one entry per school
● Open only to 2nd and 3rd grade students
● Entries should be sent to the following email: email@example.com using My Bilingual School Library Contest as the subject
● Your email should include a photograph of the poster, your school’s name, the grade that participated, the name of the teacher(s), the school’s address, the type of bilingual program it has, and a phone number, in case we need to get in touch with you
A set of Spanish-language and bilingual books donated by various publishing houses with an estimated retail value of $500 dollars. Please note that while the contest is only open to 2nd and 3rd grade, the books will be suitable for all elementary school-aged children. There should be something for everyone!
Readers will be able to vote once a day for their favorite submission once all entries have been received for a period of five consecutive days.
Important Updated Dates:
Entries accepted: April 25th—May 15th
Voting period: May 18th – May 22nd
Winner announced: week of May 23rd
Entries that do not follow the rules will be automatically disqualified.