Over six months ago we were approached by Mizkan Americas to offer us the opportunity to partner with them to test out several of their products from Holland House, Nakano and World Harbors and see how we could incorporate them into healthy Latino dishes. We jumped on the opportunity because it sounded like a great way to bring you some original recipes and get us in the kitchen while at it!
We got creative with it and put together a series of five challenges and then called upon some of our favorite Latina food bloggers to take them on with us. The result is an impressive array of original and nutritious recipes, all with Latino spice and marinades, cooking wines and vinegars from Mizkan.
No worries if you missed any of them. We´ve put together a round-up of the five challenges with links to each of the recipes created. Pure deliciousness!
Oh, and so you can try out these recipes, we´ve got an awesome giveaway of Mizkan products you can enter at the end of this post! You know we always look out for you!
Challenge #1: A Latino 4th of July on the Grill
- SpanglishBaby: A Latino 4th of July: Anticuchos Peruanos
- The Other Side of the Tortilla: Mexican Chimichurri Marinated Flank Steak
- My big, fat, Cuban Family: Rising to the Challenge – Chimichurri of Awesomeness
- Thoughts of a Mommy: Chiken Fajitas with Holland House White Wine Vinegar
- Dominican Cookin: Tiger prawns in ginger marinade
Challenge #2: Sabroso Grilling
- SpanglishBaby: Sabroso Grilling: Marinated Pinchos de Camaron
- Cuponeando: Reto Con World Harbors: salmón marinado a la parilla con salsa de melocotón y tomate
- My big, fat, Cuban Family: Marta Makes Fajitas
- Dominican Cooking: Easy-peasy Jamaican jerk chicken
- Thoughts of a Mommy: Sweet and Tangy Bell Pepper Hamburgers with World Harbors
- The Other Side of the Tortilla: Aracherra borracha con rajas de pimiento
Challenge #3: Receta de Mi País
- SpanglishBaby: Peruvian Lomo Saltado: A Mixture of Cultures and Flavors
- Cuponeando: Receta de mi País: Pollo en Escabeche
- My big, fat, Cuban Family: Fricase de Pollo – a lo Cubano
- Dominican Cooking: Repollo guisado (Cabage stew)
- Thoughts of a Mommy: Balck Bean Salad and Chicken Tostadas
Challenge #4: My Favorite Light Recipe
- SpanglishBaby: Roasted Corn, Mozerella and Avocado Salad
- Cuponeando: Receta: Ensalada de pollo con Nakano
- Cocina Dominicana: Ensalada rusa, versíon saludable
- My big, fat, Cuban Family: Mizkan Challenge # 4 – My Favorite Light Recipe – Pan Roasted Asparagus!
- Thoughts of a Mommy: Veggie Pasta Salad with Nakano
Challenge #5: A Healthy & Original Thanksgiving Side Dish With 3 Ingredients or Less
- SpanglishBaby: Super Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish: Papas a la vinagreta
- Dominican Cooking: Empanadas de cerdo y manzana
- The Other Side of the Tortilla: Camotes al chipotle: a Mexican twist on a Thanksgiving classic
- Thoughts of a Mommy: Thanksgiving Side Dish with a Twist!
- My big, fat, Cuban Family: An Original Thanksgiving Side Dish…Cuban-style
- Cuponeando: Reto de #MizkanLatino: Pollo rostizado con papas rojas y habichuelas verdes
To enter all you have to do is leave a comment telling us which recipe you want to try out.
That’s all you have to do to enter this giveaway. If you want to up your chances at winning, then this is how you can get additional entries (only after you’ve completed the step above):
**Please leave a separate comment for each so we can count them and avoid mistakes.
1. Subscribe to receive blog updates and subscriber-only content via email and leave us an extra comment letting us know you did so or that you’re already a subscriber. Make sure to leave the comment using the same email you subscribed with.
2. Follow us on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway including a link to the post, @SpanglishBaby and the #MizkanLatino hashtag. Copy the link to the tweet in an additional comment on the giveaway’s post.
Ex: I want to win the #MizkanLatino gift basket to try some of the delicious recipes featured on @SpanglishBaby here http://su.pr/8gFpd1
3. Like SpanglishBaby on Facebook and join a thriving community of parents.
This giveaway ends Thursday, Dec. 14th at midnight PST and is open to everyone over 18 years of age in the continental U.S. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Check out the Giveaway Rules.