This post post was written in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are our own.
Now that summer is in full swing ice cream is a must-have dessert in my kitchen. I love trying new flavors and this summer I’ve been making my own frozen treats too. I decided I would attempt to make an avocado and coconut ice cream. I know that most people don’t think of the color green when they think of ice cream, but avocados are a fruit after all. The coconut was the “safe” choice since I already know it goes so well with desserts. The avocado was the adventurous side of this recipe.
Let me just say this recipe put the cream in ice cream. I loved the sweet and creamy results I got and was amazed that I didn’t need any dairy to achieve it. That’s the magic of avocados for you! My favorite part of this recipe is how simple it was to make. The pre-ice-cream prep time was less than 15 minutes. It’s a great activity to do with little ones!
Tip: If you don’t have an ice cream maker don’t worry! There are several ways to make ice cream without it. Click on this link for 5 different ways to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. This is a very fun activity for kids, as well as a great learning experience for all!
Ingredients For Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream
- Serves about 6
- 3 large Avocados from Mexico
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 2tbs of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1tbs of vanilla extract
Easy Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- Cut your avocados in half and take out the pit. Scoop out the pulp. You should have about 3 cups of the avocado pulp.
- Mix avocados and lemon juice with a spoon. Tip: the lemon juice is not for flavoring. The lemon juice keeps the avocado pulp from turning brown.
- Combine the avocado pulp, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract .
- Blend all your ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- When all the ingredients have blended to a smooth, creamy looking texture you can add them to your ice cream making device.
- When your ice cream is done you can add shredded coconut or any of your favorite toppings. I would suggest fresh fruit as it goes well with the creaminess of the avocado coconut ice cream.
For more avocados dishes visit the Avocados from Mexico community page where you can find recipes by other fans and upload your own as well.
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made me drool while reading the whole entry, now I’m gonna get some food just like it.
Jeez, thank you very much for posting this! It is going to be so helpful when I research Coconut Milk at the market! Outstanding!
I just wanted to thank you for the Two Minute Miracle Gel. It’s the only thing that has been very useful for my skin in the five years that I’ve suffered with severe acne. I’ve been to dermatologist after dermatologist using skin care product after skin care product and this is the only thing that has helped me! Thank You So Much.
Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.
News article of the information and different arguments of the authors are very important and necessary. If and waves of the success are accomplished and ensured, it is done and offered. The research of the times and all candidates are rendered. It is conducted and performed with the quality and trait of the innovation. It is improved and enhanced when ever needed.