This is a sponsored post brought to you by Walmart. ¡Gracias!
The kids are so excited for our Fourth of July celebration. This year we will not be purchasing fireworks because our neighborhood has banned the use of fireworks. We are totally ok with that because we know we will be able to watch big fireworks in the sky put on our town.
To get started with the celebration I wanted to have the kids create something that would remind them of the years past.
I thought it would be really cool to do flameless DIY celebration sparklers. Now wouldn’t those be cool to celebrate our countries Independence Day? While they aren’t your typical sparklers, they are pretty cool and so easy to make!
Here is what you need to make your own Celebration Sparkelers:
1-Round dowels or wooden sticks. Walmart has a great price on 16 sticks for $.97
3-Tape. Clear tape works best
4-Cellophane in your color of choice
6-Styrofoam balls. Walmart has a bag of 12pc for $4.97
Let’s get started!
1. Cut your cellophane to 4×4 squares and 3×3 squares. You will need about four of each so a total of eight cellophane squares.
2. Choose your foam ball. We used one of the smallest. Insert the stick and wrap with a larger square. Secure with tape.
3. Starting with the smaller squares first, make a slint in the center of the celephane squares. Slide stick thru from the bottom to the top at the base of the foam ball and wrap around and secure. See image above.
4. Continue adding all sqaures and securing each with tape at the base.
5. Lastly, decorate the stick with ribbon. Starting at the top, wrap around and secure with tape.
¡A celebrar se ha dicho! Let’s celebrate!!!